X-H1 and X-S10

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
CommaThief Junior Member • Posts: 39
Re: X-H1 and X-S10

puttin wrote:

would you by a X-S10 if you had a X-H1

Yes, I am doing exactly this. Actually moving over completely and selling my X-H1.

I love the X-H1, but size wise, it is going the opposite direction of the whole reason I switched to Fuji from Nikon many years ago.

I wanted the X-E4 to have IBIS, and figured that would be my next body. I was a bit sad when it didn't. But the XS10 is the right size, the grip is amazing, the sensor it shares with the XT4 is a step up from the X-H1, and the AF is better. Sure, I'll miss some of the dials and stuff, but I generally shoot in one of three auto-iso settings, and I shoot in manual, so I adjust the shutter speed with the dial on the back. It's a great camera, it's not a beginner camera, it's not just for people coming from another system. It is a very capable (side note: I am a stills shooter 98% of the time) camera with great ergonomics and a fantastic sensor.

A lot of people here and elsewhere seem to be hating on the X-S10, and I'm not really sure why. It doesn't have some of the Fuji dials, but if aesthetic is they only reason you're with Fuji...well that just seems weird. As long as people are happy.

CommaThief's gear list:CommaThief's gear list
Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow