Any Fuji user who switched or added a Z?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Nevermess Regular Member • Posts: 355
Re: Any Fuji user who switched or added a Z?

PerL wrote:

Nevermess wrote:

qhs232 wrote:

Nevermess wrote:

Generally Nikon Z system will give you better image quality, has excellent lenses, but at the cost of portability. If the size and bulkiness of Nikon Z system is not a problem and you already have some Nikon lenses go for it.

However if you don't have Nikon Lenses you should know that Canon R5 and R6 have better autofocus and if you look at DPREVIEW they do win most of the categories. I do love Nikon, but their Z system is really bulk and heavy, so I am looking to add Fuji X-S10 with 14 2.8 35 1.4 and 50 F2 lenses. There is nothing in Nikon's world that can beat this combination in terms of weight and compactness.

Had been deeply into the Fuji system but sold almost everything except the 35 1.4, 56 1.2 and 18-55. I initially purchased the Nikon Z6, later added a Z7, with the 35,50,85 1.8 and the F4 kit zoom. All which I am very happy with.
Personally I don't find using the Nikon Z to be big and heavy. However there are situations where using something smaller and less obvious would be helpful. A few days ago I purchased a Fuji X-S10. Like the size, grip, PASM and IBIS.

Well I still have my D500, but I also have 3 disc herniation in the neck, which means arms pain and weakness. The only way to keep myself in so so conditions is walking and swimming. As corona virus closed the pools I have only the walks in the mountain.

Having said the above weight is crucial for me and that is why I am looking at X-S10 and the three lenses 35 f1.4, 14 f2.8 and 50 F2.

I agree that weight can be an issue. So I am thinking hard about the Z50 with the double lens kit. That is 24-375 eqv in a package that weighs less than a 1 kilo.

Nikon Z DX lenses are really good for what they are, but the lac of good light DX primes do really bothers me( Nikon do not even plan to make such lenses). Also Z50 has no IBIS....

Nevermess's gear list:Nevermess's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow