Northrup got the 50/1.2GM but didn't review it.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
DMalcolm Contributing Member • Posts: 615
Re: Northrup got the 50/1.2GM but didn't review it.

Foto4x4 wrote:

DMalcolm wrote:

Funny Valentine wrote:

I remember him blaming the a7c for bad AF, then we saw he was using a samyang lens.

He also said the XT4 is buggy, and then we saw he was using a cheap counterfeit SD card.

He claimed the S5 AF is pulsing and hunting, and he had all the wrong AF settings.

Sabotaged reviews, for more controversy and click bait. Sad.

Thing is, how many people will know the above, go back/look around at better reviews and get a better opinion? Damage gets done as soon as they release this sort of stuff. I guess the manufacturers also have themselves to blame by not providing the best setup possible rather than chancing it what these 'experts' have in their kit bags...

That point got me thinking... until last year, the release of significant new gear meant a trip to Hawaii, Sonora Desert or some other location where the manufacturers supplied the bodies with latest lenses in a far more controlled way. Of course the junkets were primarily designed to sweeten the critics into overlooking a flaw or two, I’m sure. Perhaps Covid-19 has even affected the lazy reviewers indirectly.

Ha - who knew Covid-19 would have this side effect on reviewers...laziness! :0)

-- hide signature --

DMalcolm
Growing kit list in profile....

DMalcolm's gear list:DMalcolm's gear list
Sony a5100 Sony a7 III Tamron 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Di III VC Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
lft
lft
(unknown member)
lft
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow