Pix for theWeek Ending March 26th to 28th, 2021

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
applemax Regular Member • Posts: 446
Re: Pix for theWeek Ending March 26th to 28th, 2021

Hello!

Something special (for me) this time. I recently fell in love with Affinity Photo, which is sold at half price for a ridiculous 28 Euros for an unlimited household license these days. I had tried it out back when it came out, but it was not stable then and I forgot about it again. But following a hint in an astronomy forum - Affinity now does astronomy stacking and other dedicated astro-photo processing without any add-ons too, I installed it on my (oldish) MacBook Pro (running Mac OS 10.11 - show me any other contemporary software that will do that!). And guess what? It runs smoothly and quickly and converts my Merrill files in one half of the time as SPP and with much more controls. Just wonderful.

So what I did was to pick a raw file from my SD1 Merrill at random, convert it from X3F with SPP first and thereafter with Affinity Photo. To enhance the differences between the results, I calculated an HDR picture from the two. HDR processing is also included in Affinity, as are panaoramas, mosaics, focus stacking and much more. This is the result. I don't exactly understand what it really shows, but I kind of like the effect which is why I show it here. It was taken in 2017 at the Colorado National Monument with the 24-105 Art lens.

Regards

Max

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow