I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
toughluck Veteran Member • Posts: 3,767
Re: I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Ricky 92rt wrote:

Lensmate wrote:

tqlla wrote:

Ricky 92rt wrote:

It's an up sell tactic from Sony. Do you think it's coincidence that it's working with "the more expensive bodies"?. The A6600 being the same hardware as the A6400 and 6100. Has nothing to do with battery they can drive the LAEA4 as can the previous A6300/6500

Sony don't want it to work with the cheaper stuff. Hard to find any other conclusion.

I agree, its such and obvious and jerk move by Sony. Just like that F3.5 limitation, which was debunked on the original A77.

Its even worse they dont clearly state it on the product page, so people are shocked when it arrives and doesnt work.

Its clearly stated on their page, but fools rush in without paying proper attention, and then cry foul. There are many reasons a company will do certain things, and they shouldn't have to explain or babysit those whiners who leaped without looking...

Not really that clear is it unless you start digging around

There are several different adaptors that do specific things and that's what Sony chose to offer, some different choices... they are not a panacea to all lenses. Buyer beware....

-Martin P

No the plan was to push people to the expensive cameras. Reality is for most A mount users - just use what you have or keep buying used gear for A mount lenses. It's hard to call this adapter for anything else other than a poorly though out marketing ploy

I'm loving the trade in offer too..lol

More like "Enjoy not being able to AF with most of your A Mount lenses on your new E Mount body"

That's why there's that ¹ and ² in the flyer. See that? "Offering full compatibility with the latest E-mount bodies¹, and AF systems for A-mount lens² users."

toughluck's gear list:toughluck's gear list
Sony a99 II Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow