FZ300.. Full-size out-of-camera jpgs (Pt.1)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Mikedigi
Mikedigi Forum Pro • Posts: 11,150
Re: First prod into Highlights Shadows

Jon_T wrote:

. . . . Hence for 'myself', overall far easier to do highlights/ shadows adjustments with post processing rather than constantly fiddling with JPG settings—when I do shoot JPG. . . . . . .

Thanks Jon,

I did not want to pre-judge my pics but to await the comments of others, but the in-camera Highlights Shadows (here set deliberately to -5) have turned my pics into garbage.

So in general I am guessing that this is not Gold, it is more Fool's Gold. But it may or may not have uses at less extreme settings and on different subjects.

[ E.G - i-Zoom - with my FZ330, at extreme i-Zoom, "2344mm", at least one gets an empowering or at least novel user experience, without totally destroying the image. Fun, but in general (though not always), not Gold but Fool's Gold. ]

I am an unreconstructed JPEG shooter, but many thanks to you and to Nick (gardenersassistant), I always use Adobe Camera Raw in PSE, when necessary, which suits my simple needs, and of course the Highlights and Shadows functions there are Gold.

Thank you for your PSE results, very nice.

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Olympus Stylus 1s Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow