I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Lensmate
Lensmate Veteran Member • Posts: 6,762
Re: I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Ricky 92rt wrote:

Lensmate wrote:

Ricky 92rt wrote:

Lensmate wrote:

tqlla wrote:

Ricky 92rt wrote:

It's an up sell tactic from Sony. Do you think it's coincidence that it's working with "the more expensive bodies"?. The A6600 being the same hardware as the A6400 and 6100. Has nothing to do with battery they can drive the LAEA4 as can the previous A6300/6500

Sony don't want it to work with the cheaper stuff. Hard to find any other conclusion.

I agree, its such and obvious and jerk move by Sony. Just like that F3.5 limitation, which was debunked on the original A77.

Its even worse they dont clearly state it on the product page, so people are shocked when it arrives and doesnt work.

Its clearly stated on their page, but fools rush in without paying proper attention, and then cry foul. There are many reasons a company will do certain things, and they shouldn't have to explain or babysit those whiners who leaped without looking...

Not really that clear is it unless you start digging around

Really, isn't that what you are supposed to do before buying something?

I noticed you complaining in this other forum about Sony:

Re: Thoughts on A7R IV at two year mark?: Sony Alpha Full Frame E-mount Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review (dpreview.com)

Shouldn't you have bought a more appropriate camera if the image size was too large? Easily done, but yet, you want to have a go, like its Sony fault...lol

-Martin P

If you consider S/M raw something people don't want, I got news it's desired by many. It's 2021 yet Sony still can't figure it out. I remember when Canon added it (hugely requested feature as well), did anyone complain? Nope people welcomed it big time it's very useful

You're defending poorly informed choices by Sony with the adapter

It's up to them if they want to have a ton of returns (which I bet they have)

Offering a trade in on the A99ii? What genius thought that one up. Even if you threw an A99ii off a cliff into salty sea water, smashed it with a rock. You'd get way more for parts than the value of an LAEA5 adapter lol.

I'll say it again as it's not sinking in. Explain the benefit of having a new adapter that doesn't work on most bodies? There isn't one. Unless you only have SSM SAM lenses, which most don't it's an utterly pointless release from Sony and purely a sales tactic nothing else. Like the F3.5 limitation for video, an artificially added feature to cripple A Mount video capability. Except the LAEA5 can't even do video AF either

What a great solution lol

Its a couple hundred bucks limited solution. What's all the boo hoo-ing about is beyond me. Yes, its limited, but big deal. Look into it first before leaping. Like I said, it was a limited option for soft entry into E-mount for some. Yet peeps are pulling their hair out and crying foul play....good grief. Much ado about nothing if you thought it through properly.

-Martin P

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow