Cheapest (and decent) way to record 10 bits HDMI on Windows?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
NottsPhoto Senior Member • Posts: 1,767
Re: Cheapest (and decent) way to record 10 bits HDMI on Windows?

rankamaterur wrote:

AJA U-Tap HDMI

Yes-- should be fine for 4:2:2 YCbCr or 4:4:4 RGB.

I think 10 bit support, etc depends on your host computer performance to a large degree, hence some asterisks in their specification sheet.

I was going to mention the Io 4K Plus, but that's in another league price wise...

yeah,  a Lot of machines won’t support 10 bit colour...  you need to see if the graphics card will do so.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the sample rate...  422 is significant if your keying a lot... but won’t make any difference in data terms as 420 simply replicates the colour information from the first two samples into the second set... instead of resampling... so it’s no more or less data... which is why that card only showing 420 instead of 422 is a bit weird... as the camera only outputs 422 from hdmi.  I think it might actually have the information, but just be labelling as 420.  Or something like that..

-- hide signature --

www.pageonemedia.co.uk
Striving hard to be the man that my dog thinks I am.

NottsPhoto's gear list:NottsPhoto's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow