What To Do If Nothing Works ?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
NottsPhoto Senior Member • Posts: 1,767
Re: What To Do If Nothing Works ?

rpszone wrote:

Is it time to just throw in the towel? Been doing this a long time but looking back, ever since autofocus and digital started, the results keep getting worse, HUH?

No matter what I do and believe me, I have done and tried everything to make this gear work, more than I care to remember. The results are not and never have been what I expect them to be.

Using a like new Canon 80D, Canon 70-300mm II (always at 300). The results are so poor that the keeper rate is zero to nothing, wait zero is nothing. Even if the image comes out "in focus", going to 100% you see they are not stunning nor are they really in focus at all, just soft.

The only digital camera I have ever owned that produced "stunning" photos, believe it or not, was a Panasonic with a CCD sensor.

These are the two best I could get out of 200, the others look the same. If I were to crop either of these images it would look like garbage. I am not going to spend $5000.00 to take pictures as a hobby. I would expect the $2500 I have invested into this gear should produce much better images or I will just give up photography. The amount of time and work I put into this hobby is not giving me any returns. It's worse than fishing, at least with fishing I do catch a fish now and then (usually I combine the two hobbies).

So do I send this camera and lens in and have it checked, tweaked or calibrated? Is it the nature of the canon beast with the built in AA filter? Not sure how to fix this, I cant go on like I have been, too much wasted time and money for to little reward.

The problem isn’t your gear.

it’s that your not close enough.

so get closer.   A LOT closer.

-- hide signature --

www.pageonemedia.co.uk
Striving hard to be the man that my dog thinks I am.

NottsPhoto's gear list:NottsPhoto's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow