Macro options for Z

Started Sep 30, 2019 | Discussions thread
EricTheAstroJunkie Contributing Member • Posts: 815
Re: Do you want common or Sublime?

JohnXTanner wrote:

RazorSharpWO wrote:

JohnXTanner wrote:

It was on the Techart website! Maybe I misunderstood.

The way I read their website , is that it does not work with the Z50, but it does work (and allow MF) on the full-frame Nikon Z cameras:

• Both AF-S, AF-C and MF mode will work on the Nikon Z6/Z7. Face and Eye detection, EXIF reading, Timelapse function can also be supported. Phase-detect AF is used and therefore the AF speed is on par with using native Z mount lenses on the cameras. Firmware is upgradable via separate lens dock (Included for FREE). TZE-01 does NOT work with Z50.

I've experienced the same failure to adhere w/ Meike and Kenko Ext. Tubes on the Z50 .... but I can assure you all of them work perfectly fine on the Z6 and Z7, including the Voigtlander 65 f/2 w/ TechArt Adapter

It was the words a bit further down: "MF lenses are currently NOT supported too. We do NOT suggest using together with our Techart PRO adapter." that made me think that they didn't work. I don't read those words as only applying to Samyang/Rokinon lenses, but maybe I'm misreading it.

I have no idea what that means, but it DEFINITELY does not mean that manual focus lenses don't work on the Z cameras. I have used many manual focus lenses on the Z7 with the techart adapter, including several Voigtlander lenses, without issue.

EricTheAstroJunkie's gear list:EricTheAstroJunkie's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800E Nikon D5300 Sony a7S +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow