Lens Adapters and Infinity

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ATpix Forum Member • Posts: 55
Lens Adapters and Infinity

Hey Folks

This will be a little convoluted but here it goes.

I shoot with 2 Lumix S1s (when they are working, another long story). I switched from Canon. I kept my 24-70 and 70-200 zooms. I'm using them with the 2 Sigma EOS to Leica L adapters. That's all good (except the autofocus which is useless but I Iive with it). I also have a set of excellent Nikon manual focus Ais lenses. Rather than spend  more money on 2 Nikon F to Leica L adapters, of which there weren't many to choose from when I first headed down this road, I put very reasonably priced Nikon F to EOS adapters from  Fotodiox on each Nikon lens and then use them on the Sigma EOS to L adapters.   I realize that that may have been over optimistic but it actually works perfectly well......except with my 24mm f2.0.  It will not focus all the way to infinity. In fact it's not even close. I've sent it off to be checked out. The tech says the lens is working properly and the issues lies in the adapter set up. He can adjust the lens to focus past infinity to compensate for the adapter. It will cost about what the lens cost me in the first place.

Do I have the lens adjusted or scrap the 2 adapter set up and spend money on a couple of better Nikon F to Leica L adapters, of which there still aren't so many to choose from. I did find one made by Urth. Anyone have an opinion on those? I'd never heard of the brand before. About $45 Canadian. Fotodiox also makes one for almost $200 of which I have one. It works ok but doesn't have the tightest fit.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow