From D800E user need advice

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
CptAmerica
CptAmerica Senior Member • Posts: 1,705
Re: From D800E user need advice

Harry799 wrote:

Hi guys, I love to read comments on DPreview forum since 2010. I am a hobbiest photographer, and a retired businessman, my subject mostly landscape some times potrait, family and models. ...Thinking for upgrading my D800E for better result, but so far still not sure, as I am still happy with D800E result, only if comparing autofocus to newer model I do agree AF on D800E is already outdated. Anyone can giving advice ?

Do I need to upgrade now ? or not. I had a big hand, and do feel the uncomfortable of handling that Z6/Z7, weight of DSLR so far not borthering me.

If I need to upgrade, what model is better for my need to D810 or go straight to D850 or even need to consider the mirrorless Z7 or Z7II ?

Hope I got some respond and good advice Thanks before guys.

You don't need stellar focus speed and tracking accuracy for the occasional landscape or portrait.

CptAmerica's gear list:CptAmerica's gear list
Nikon D850 Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow