Z6 ii ordered from NYC Delivery?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
abc123brian Regular Member • Posts: 267
Re: Z6 ii ordered from NYC Delivery?

sportmaster1 wrote:

The lack of knowledge about the most basic workings of our credit system is disappointing. Long ago I began monitoring my FICO reports and have achieved near perfect scores with Transunion, Experian and Equifax credit bureaus.

A basic Google search reveals that anytime you apply for credit there is an inquiry resulting in lowering (average 5 points) of your FICO scores. This hard inquiry can remain on your report for 24 months. The effect of that point loss depends on your current credit status.

If you had ever looked at your credit report we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Credit checks for credit cards are often soft scores which do not impact your score. If they run a hard check, you will see a slight temporary drop of about 5 points like you mentioned. The check remains on your credit report for 24 months, but the point drop doesn’t normally. If you do too many hard scores during a time period it will have a larger impact. Interestingly enough, a few years ago I leased a car and they only did a soft score, didn’t appear on my credit report. At the same time, I signed up for AT&T internet and they did a hard score causing the impact you described. I thought that was absolutely ridiculous.

abc123brian's gear list:abc123brian's gear list
Nikon D500 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z7 II Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow