150-400 Preorder Status thread

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Bengeo
Bengeo Regular Member • Posts: 476
Re: 150-400 Preorder Status thread

Doug Greenberg wrote:

People are undoubtedly sick of my tale of woe regarding Amazon.com abruptly canceling my November 20 order for the 150-400 zoom. I do wonder if there is anyone else who ordered from Amazon who either did or did not get the same treatment.

Meanwhile, I found a dealer, a local camera store (not local to me; my own local camera store asked for full payment for the lens up front). They asked for a deposit, which to placed me on a list with higher priority than people who have chosen not to pay a deposit. I was told I am fifth on this list. At least it's not tenth or twentieth. That seems like a win, all things considered.

Not at all, I think it is good to know about these things as I would have never considered that happening. Looks like you've done well to get that position on the list.
Moral of the story - support your local stores!

-- hide signature --
 Bengeo's gear list:Bengeo's gear list
Olympus 150-400mm F4.5 TC 1.25x Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow