I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Started Mar 23, 2021 | Discussions thread
Lensmate
Lensmate Veteran Member • Posts: 7,316
Re: I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

tqlla wrote:

Lensmate wrote:

tqlla wrote:

Lensmate wrote:

tqlla wrote:

IMO, they just limit A-mount lenses because they have some resentment or hatred towards us.

That's laughable...

Companies don't shoot themselves in the foot period!

-Martin P

Companies can and do shoot themselves in the foot all the time.

So you are telling me that when a company brings out a new, improved product, they should undercut it with their older product because it might upset a few peeps....?

I don't think so...!

-Martin P

Its called building good will. Fun fact, that usually helps your sales.

Canon isnt afraid of their old lenses hurting sales. There are probably 100x more Canon 24-70mm F2.8 lenses available in the wild compared to Sony Zeiss.

But here is Sony, consistently putting arbitrary limits on the A-mount. They didnt have to keep that F3.5 limit on the A99ii, it wasnt a threat to E-mount. But they did it anyways as a final kick in the teeth.

Now the LA-EA5's screw drive compatibility is limited to 3 cameras. They are just being jerks at this point. John Rando was able to get an LA-EA4 to AF without a mirror. Sony could do it too, but they choose to limit it to 3 camera's.

Sony has only been in the camera industry a short time, to which many thought/wished it would die a quick death. Its no surprise to me that they are on top forum presently with their approach to R/D and pushing the envelope. Certainly there might be some casualties along the way, but hardly devastating to say the least.

I never asked, nor wanted video in my cameras [and yes i know it doesn't add to the overall costs] but I don't jump up and down cursing the companies that do so.... its just part of the scenery these days, whether you like it or not.

Nobody thought Sony would come out with the la-ea5, but they did, even though it might only service several camera...better than nothing at all, and who knows, they may come out with something better in the future when e-mount is well rounded out and they have more time.

-Martin P

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow