I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
tqlla Veteran Member • Posts: 6,172
Re: I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Lensmate wrote:

tqlla wrote:

Lensmate wrote:

tqlla wrote:

IMO, they just limit A-mount lenses because they have some resentment or hatred towards us.

That's laughable...

Companies don't shoot themselves in the foot period!

-Martin P

Companies can and do shoot themselves in the foot all the time.

So you are telling me that when a company brings out a new, improved product, they should undercut it with their older product because it might upset a few peeps....?

I don't think so...!

-Martin P

Its called building good will.  Fun fact, that usually helps your sales.

Canon isnt afraid of their old lenses hurting sales.  There are probably 100x more Canon 24-70mm F2.8 lenses available in the wild compared to Sony Zeiss.

But here is Sony, consistently putting arbitrary limits on the A-mount. They didnt have to keep that F3.5 limit on the A99ii, it wasnt a threat to E-mount.   But they did it anyways as a final kick in the teeth.

Now the LA-EA5's screw drive compatibility is limited to 3 cameras. They are just being jerks at this point.  John Rando was able to get an LA-EA4 to AF without a mirror.  Sony could do it too, but they choose to limit it to 3 camera's.

tqlla's gear list:tqlla's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony a7R III Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG DN
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow