I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Started Mar 23, 2021 | Discussions thread
Ricky 92rt Forum Member • Posts: 60
Re: I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

AkashRana wrote:

No sure how these people ended up writing those reviews, but from little of what I read these guys are ignorant of the capabilities of LA-EA5. A friend of mine works for Sony and has played with the adapter, speaks real good of the adapter and says its the best bet for adapting A-mount lenses at the moment. With right bodies, it works good; but has those superficial limitations imposed which if lifted, would make Sony loose on the sales of native E-mount lenses. Canon has done the best job when it comes to adapting EF lenses followed by Nikon with F-mount. Sony has diliberatly left out A-mount users as the pool was much smaller that Canon and Nikon DSLR users so Canon/Nikon gave great backwards capability and a gradual path to move to mirrorless as you loose a little with adapted lenses.

This doesn't make any sense

How much money does Sony make off users adapting Canon lenses? Problem with the LAEA5 is it only works on 3 bodies with screw drive lenses. What's the point of releasing an adapter if it doesn't work with most of your cameras. Not much point putting obstacles in the way of users on A mount - might wander off to other brands

Nikon don't even support screw drive AF, so how are they are next best to Canon?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow