Overhead mic for online presentation

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
AZMario Regular Member • Posts: 215
Re: Overhead mic for online presentation

You could use a mic like Audio-Technica AT2021 Cardioid Condenser Microphone ($90) which being cardioid will do a better job of rejecting ceiling reflections than a super or hyper cardioid. It is pretty commonly used for group vocals. You can run that into an inexpensive mixer that supplies phantom power ($60) With the mixer you can do a little eq to optimize the sound. You will need an XLR cable to go from the mic to the mixer. An adapter cable to go from 1/4" to 3.5mm from the mixer to the Ninja. And a mic stand unless you want to continue hanging it from the ceiling. Sorry if I'm pushing the budget a little bit. But, as long as I'm spending your money - I would add some acoustic treatment to at least the ceiling (which can be pretty inexpensive).

And to double down on an earlier comment - I always buy from retailers with solid return policies.

AZMario's gear list:AZMario's gear list
Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow