From D800E user need advice

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Richard Frederick
Richard Frederick Senior Member • Posts: 1,046
Re: From D800E user need advice

I just used my D800e for a function where I took a number of head and shoulders shots.  This time I equipped the D800 with the 105 AF- S 1.4 and was very pleased with the results.  One reason for my preference for this body is the inclusion of in-body flash.  I use this flash and a bracket mounted SB-800 unit for an even light source, and the ability of the camera software to balance both flashes.

I believe the last body Nikon released with this flash setup was the D810.  For me, this was a disappointment for several reasons, one of which is that these models are not the "professional" products the D-3 through D-6 series is, we non-professionals can be easily caught without a flash when we need one or when one could improve things.

Further, the autofocus struggled a bit in a very dark environment, but it was obvious when it had difficulty and I had no out of focus shots, and that was with the 105 at f2.8.  In a situation like this, focus, composition, and lighting is way more important than megapixels.

-- hide signature --

Dick Frederick

Richard Frederick's gear list:Richard Frederick's gear list
Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D800E Nikon D500 Fujifilm X-Pro2 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow