The good, the bad, and the ugly (and the amazing!) - my P40 Pro camera experience

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP 2eyesee Senior Member • Posts: 2,288
Re: The good, the bad, and the ugly (and the amazing!) - my P40 Pro camera experience

Droo wrote:

Use Adobe DNG Profile Editor to read and save the embedded profile in your DNGs, which will then work correctly in RawTherapee. Or use a color checker to create a custom profile for your camera specifically.

Thanks for the tip. I tried it out, but still needed to correct for vignetting - but that's straight forward enough.

The results definitely showed a bit more detail, but that comes at a cost of less dynamic range and more noise. Overall I think I'd just stick with standard photo mode at 23mm - or when the scene permits (not too much movement and reasonable light) the 50MP AI mode, which is amazing.

It's a nuisance needing to slide or pinch to get to 23mm, but the real inconvenience is it switches back to x1 (27mm) whenever you switch to another app and back.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow