What's it like to buy a $ 9000 Leica Summicron lens ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Karl Huber Regular Member • Posts: 404
Re: amazing galleries

Greg7579 wrote:

JDLaing50 wrote:

Greg7579 wrote:

Artichoke wrote:

Greg7579 wrote:

That is very true. I walked all over SE Asia for two months just over a year ago with a Rolex watch on, a GFX 100 around my neck, and a Leica Q2 on my shoulder.

True story. If you don't believe it look at the pics....

well displayed on Flickr

I was particularly impressed with your photographs of the refineries along the Houston Ship Channel & the USS Texas ...some marvelous photographs in you galleries & it looks like you are putting your new tool to grand purpose, while having fun

very impressed as this has long been a favorite area of mine to explore in Houston

Bravo!

Art

Thanks Art,

I grew up in Houston but left when I was 18. Now I'm 64. I had not seen that area in probably 50 years. Just shot it a week ago. You can't get in any of those chemical plants. Highly secured areas....

I spent some time in those plants an even I don’t want to get in there.

They are very concerned about not only sabotage or attack, but industrial espionage. My son-in-law works in them as an industrial engineer and he has to check his phone at the entry. No phone shots allowed. There are a lot of very intricate technologies at play in those pipe stacks....

Plus, they don't want the EPA seeing when they are dumping into the fog or clouds.... 😀

I watched an interesting documentary on Netflix last night about the Formosa Plastics plant in Point Comfort, Texas. I get what you are saying about keeping the EPA blind-sided.

Karl Huber's gear list:Karl Huber's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Nikon 1 V1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Nikon D850 +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
LCT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow