A1 Custom Shoot Set Questions - Is it Broken ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Glenn Barber Veteran Member • Posts: 3,475
A1 Custom Shoot Set Questions - Is it Broken ?

I am still getting used to the A1's new menus - and I seem to have a problem with the custom shoot set configuration. I've seen other report "broken" features and I wonder if this is also one, or I am just doing something wrong

Generally i usually leave the camera set in Manual with a High Shutter Speed and zone focus with full tracking for Birds in flight - I would manually adjust the ISO for conditions.

For sitting birds I would register a custom shoot set to my AF-on button with small tracking spot with shutter preferred shooting at 1/640 and a +1 compensation and auto ISO.

The exposure compensation works on the A7R4 (you can see the exposure compensation move to the registered value on pressing the AF-On)  This doesn't work on the A1 and I can't see any way to adjust exposure compensation when using the custom button function.

Thanks
Glenn

Glenn Barber's gear list:Glenn Barber's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7R IV Sony a6600 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow