From D800E user need advice

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
PHXAZCRAIG
PHXAZCRAIG Forum Pro • Posts: 17,818
Re: From D800E user need advice

Harry799 wrote:

Hi TOF guy,

Thanks for the detail advice, it describe what's in my mind. Your advice gave me more clear picture for the benefit & problem to choose D850 and Z7. but for D810 really a great improvement over D800E ? those improvement... in performance or in IQ ?

The IQ of a D810 and a D800e is virtually the same.  The only place I've seen any difference at all is at base ISO, which is 64 on the D810 and 100 on the D800e.   There is more dynamic range at base in the D810.  Some of us make use of that, but it's really minor.   Video is probably much more improved, except I never use it so don't know for sure.

The difference between D800e and D810 isn't in the sensor, it's in the camera.  The D810 feels (and is) faster than the D800e, and more ... refined.   It's what the D800e should have been at release.   The frame rate and focus modes differences are useful.   Everyone says it, and it's true.  The D810 is more than the sum of its differences compared to a D800e.  It's hard to describe, but easy to feel if you use both cameras back-to-back.

The D850 is almost like a different camera.  The focus system is different, and it takes a bit of time to get used to.  It's a no-doubt improvement.

For me, the D850 finally replaces the D700 in every way.    The D800/D810 have too low a frame rate.

-- hide signature --

Phoenix Arizona Craig
www.cjcphoto.net
"I miss the days when I was nostalgic."

PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +37 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow