Sigma fp L camera reveal next week

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
DMillier Forum Pro • Posts: 23,017
Re: Sigma fp L camera reveal next week

furtle wrote:

D Cox wrote:

Jeffry7 wrote:

There are 24 primes listed on dpreview for the lmount.

https://www.dpreview.com/products/search/lenses#criterias=SpecsCoreParams%2CSpecsLensMount&paramSpecsCoreParamsLensType=PrimeWideangle%2CPrimeNormal%2CPrimeTelephoto&paramSpecsCoreParamsSubcriteria=LensMount%2CLensType%2CAdditionalFeatures&paramSpecsCoreParamsSearchType=Simple&paramSpecsLensMount=LeicaSL

There are Leica, Panasonic, Sigma, and Laowa lenses.

The folks over on the lmount forum have been using the lmount adapter with success. It does not support the continuous auto focus mode, but otherwise seems to work fine for some, but not all lenses.

I bought the fp for use with manual-focus lenses, which work better than they did on my film SLRs. I already had enough lenses, but you can still stock up on SMC-Takumars, Nikon AIs, etc etc from eBay at reasonable (but steadily rising) prices.

I bought Sigma's new 24mm L mount lens last week and it seems to be good except for some vignetting wide open. It focusses quickly, and it's the same size as the manual focus equivalents.

Don Cox

Being a fan of wide angle lenses, that Sigma 24mm DG DN L mount is very nice. I’ve not really looked for vignetting but it’s easily dealt with. It’s way better than old adapted M mount lenses on the fp which are soft at the edges. Same on the Sony A7. Sigma are on a roll right now with these ‘little’ L mount lenses. I’m sure you’ll really enjoy the 24mm

I add fairly heavy vignetting to most of my shots in post. It's not a flaw to me!

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow