Which small all-weather holster case for the R5+RF 24-70?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
OP xtam667 Regular Member • Posts: 134
Re: Which small all-weather holster case for the R5+RF 24-70?

ProDude wrote:

xtam667 wrote:

I finally bought the Domke F-5XB ripstop nylon version. It is lightweight and a good fit. It is not a holster but trying one I liked this better. In fact I like it quite a lot. It is a much less obvious camera bag and resists rain well enough without the fiddly rain cover. Not as well padded or fully weather resistant as the TLZ 45 AW, though.

One reason I've NEVER agreed to by anything Domke. They have an aversion to providing great padding protection. Lowepro is leagues beyond them in most all regard especially that one. The zippers are better as well. Oh well, guess you have to learn somehow.

Bought an F2 15 years ago. It looks like a disaster but I still use it. Got very well padded bags as well but I find the F2 the most convenient in most situations. Lack of padding does not bother me. Lack of full weather resistance, sometimes yes. That's why I have a Lowepro bag as well. If I know the bag will be bumped around and there is no way to hide from a serious downpour, the Lowepro it is.

This little TLZ was just too much for what I needed. No question it is very nice, like most everything Lowepro.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow