From D800E user need advice

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Parry Johnson
Parry Johnson Senior Member • Posts: 1,951
Re: From D800E user need advice

Harry799 wrote:

Hi Parry Johnson,

Thanks for the warm welcome...

I don't think I am going to spend money for the D850 successor at this time, but after read TOF guy advice, and yours, I rather to choose among D810 or D850. For what I do, it's not necessary to have top of the lines gears, although it is tempting...., lol. Yes. I will take your advice to wait few months or so and see how the successor of D850 will look like.

Thanks Parry

You're welcome.  I've also thought about the D810, and decided that there's not enough difference between it and the D800/e, at least not new.   However.... I saw one recently with only 27 000 shutter count for $1250 CAD, which is under $1000 US.  At that price (and in comparison to my D800 with 60 000 count), then that's one way to get a few more years of use out of both cameras without breaking the bank, and still waiting (and saving money) for an improved new body.

To me, the only real advantages of the D810 are a bit faster shooting, WIFI, and the ability to connect to the new streaming software.  Other than that, there is little gain in image quality.

Another thing to consider is lenses.  When I upgraded from a D300/D300s to the D800, I spent another $5000 in new lenses (and another $2000 in computers and software).   That was a big difference; and although the step isn't as great to the 46MP D850, if you still haven't upgraded older lenses then you will need to do that for sure.

Parry Johnson's gear list:Parry Johnson's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D7100 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow