Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
TeddyD Senior Member • Posts: 1,108
Re: my thoughts...

Christof21 wrote:

J A C S wrote:

Christof21 wrote:

J A C S wrote:

Aaron801 wrote:

It seems to me that if you shoot something like a building from an angle were lines converge a lot (close to right next to the thing) then you're going to have to apply a lot of correction to make those lines straight and doing so is never going to look right. If you can't shoot the thing from a perspective where the lines converge less, then you may as well compose the image to have the lines converging. Basically, if you want a realistic look, then you have to avoid shots where a large amount of correction is necessary.

My take on this - if you cannot beat them, join them. Get even closer and emphasize the "distortion". Or better yet, use a fisheye lens!

Or simply simulate the fisheye lens !

Well, that would take a much more expensive (a very wide) lens if it is even possible. My EF 15mm has 180 degrees diagonal AOV.

With pano then

Or you could buy a oils and canvas and paint it as you please. The question however is about photography, not about computers or paintings. A shift lens or wide and crop is a photography solution..

ps. Sorry, responded to wrong posting but nevermind, ignore..

TeddyD's gear list:TeddyD's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony a7R Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Sony a6300 Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Bob
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow