Older 300 f/2.8 for sports

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Henderson92 Junior Member • Posts: 46
Re: Low price on 300 f/2.8G VR

dave gaines wrote:

patricksmith32 wrote: ...

Haha,

He’s way off, they are selling for more like $1,800 USD. The 300mm f/2.8G VR is around $2,500, and I’ve even seen them for as low as $1950! The VR, but that was in a little bit of tough shape cosmetically.

I think you're low balling that price. I bought the 300mm f/2.8G VR last year from a reputable US reseller for $3,150 only after negotiating a lower price. I was able to do that because I knew it had sold once and been returned. I asked them to check the lens element conditions before I purchased it. With very little risk I got a great deal on an excellent lens. Since then I have seen very few of them in similar excellent condition for under $4000.

VR 1 for $3150? I do buy/sell/fix Nikon gears as well and VR 1 versions are generally around $1900-$2300 depends on their condition and accessories. VR II versions around $2600-$3000. Although, this is person-person (Craigslist/FB marketplace/Fredmiranda) sold prices and if you buy it from Camera stores, it might be 15%-25% higher.

Edit* After a quick look, It seems like you have a 300mm 2.8 VR II version so about the average price you paid + probably a good warranty/return option since you bought it from a reputable US reseller.

Henderson92's gear list:Henderson92's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D300S Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D500 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow