*PANASONIC Lumix FZ330 REVIEW*

Started Oct 26, 2019 | User reviews thread
Al Ball Junior Member • Posts: 25
Re: *PANASONIC Lumix FZ330 REVIEW*

Been researching the fz300 for the last few days and found this. Got to say it is the most detailed consumer camera review I have ever read anywhere.

Your vast photography experience is obvious from the text and in other fz300 threads I see you have posted on. The wonderful supporting photos show what the fz can do in the right hands in the right conditions.

I would have preferred full sized examples. But at the reduced size shown they look as good as I would expect from my lumix G9 with 300mm lens.

Thinking about it. If the detail was not there originally in your OOC j-pegs it would not be as clear in these reductions or crops. So full size may not be so important after all.

I also use a Canon sx70 and understand that small sensors in bridges do not stand up to cropping as much as with m4/3rds and bigger sensors. So I appreciate we need to fill more of the frame with whatever we are shooting to get the detail to show up.

In this sense the 1200mm lens of the sx is useful. But from what I have read the fz300 is a faster shooter and would be more suitable as a carry everywhere alternative to my G9 kit when I want it.

I agree that users should experiment with camera settings. I did not like the default j-pegs of the G9 and had to change things to suit.

From this and loads more that I have seen and read from you and others about the fz300 I will be ordering one very soon.

Thanks very much for producing such a brilliant and extensive review of it.

Al Ball's gear list:Al Ball's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX70 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow