If you own both Z6 and Z7 cameras and wanted to upgrade to the new Z II, which would you upgrade?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Mattitude V1 Forum Member • Posts: 77
Re: If you own both Z6 and Z7 cameras and wanted to upgrade

I'm in similar situation. I need a second body for weddings. I used to shoot with the D850 and I love that sensor, but I sold mine off for a Z6 II. I'm happy with that decision, but for a second body, I don't know if another Z6 II or a Z7/Z7 II would serve me best.

For me, I know from use that the Z6 II handles low light and high ISO much better than my D850 did. So because of that and the price, I'm leaning towards the Z6 II. Z7 II, with it's base ISO of 64 and high resolution is probably going to serve me better for outdoor portraits in a lot of ways.

These are some of my considerations. You'd need to provide more information about your use case, but with the Z6 II, you're getting better ISO performance, better video capabilities, etc. And it's $1K cheaper.

Mattitude V1's gear list:Mattitude V1's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow