z50 Lenses

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Joop_S Regular Member • Posts: 495
Re: z50 Lenses

Henderson92 wrote:

saltlifetardis_13 wrote:

Hi all!

Looking to get an astrophotography/portrait lens for my Z50- either used or new.

I'm looking at the following:

-Nikkor 14mm f/2.8 D
-Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G
-Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G

Out of those 3 lenses listed, which would be better worth the money? If you have other suggestions other than those, please advise. I'm open to zoom and prime lenses.

Thank you!!

Taken with kit lens, 16-50mm, edited a bit in lightroom.

14mm 2.8 one will not Autofocus with FTZ adapter so I wouldn't consider it.

If you are looking for a UWA lens for your Z50, AF-P 10-20mm DX lens would be a great option. It's quite affordable, light, quiet, and pretty sharp. However, Since you are interested in astrophotography, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (one with AF motor built-in) might be the better option.

Why not a 50mm 1.8G lens for portrait work? it's close to 85mm(75mm on DX) portrait lens standard.

The Tokina is the better option, but work it on the FTZ in AF mode? Current model YES but second hand? If you buy it new way I think it is the best + the 50 mm 1.8G.

Second choice is a combo with the Nikon 10-20 + the Nikon AF-S 50 f/1.4 for almost the same price.

If you don't have the FTZ you must buy it.

A other way is waiting for Nikon Z mount lenses. If Nikon think on more DX cameras they must set a DX 10-20/24 on the roadmap. (And use the compact 28 already on the roadmap if it is f/2 for astro for the time waiting on the 10-20) On the roadmap for this year are also the compact 40 and micro 50. This 2 can use for portrait on the Z50.

Joop_S's gear list:Joop_S's gear list
Nikon Z7 II Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 Nikon Z 70-200 F2.8 VR Nikon Z 14-24mm F2.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow