z50 Lenses

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
goactive Senior Member • Posts: 2,010
Re: z50 Lenses

I have the older F mount 35mm 1.8 I used on my D500. I have not used it on my Z50 yet. It is a low-cost lens that is very sharp. For under $200 VS the new Z version that is way overpriced at $846.

Nikon is lacking for lens for the Z50 it's a shame. I would like to see a new DX Z 10-20 at F4 for under $500. Or an 8 -18mm F4.

Nikon's new Z pricing is getting to the point that in place of buying a high-priced lens you can buy a whole different camera and lens from another brand or a small point and shoot with a wide lens built on it.

But with that said I did buy the new Z 70-200 it was the most expensive lens I have got in over 27 years of shooting.

The older Nikon F mount DX 10-20 might be a good one to get.

But what is a lot better is the Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II VC. I also had this and used it on my D500 and its fantastic i wish I never sold it as I went all FF and did not expect to even get another DX body now I miss it.

I shout thousands of landscapes and everything with that lens for a year traveling on the road in an RV. A very sharp lens.

Here are a few from the Tamron 10-24 and the last one of the girl is from the Nikon low cost 35mm 1.8 lens.

LFrom the Nikon 35mm 1.8

-- hide signature --

Started shooting digital back with the first 2MP cameras. Over 20 cameras later still going. I shoot family and people portraits, weddings, Sports and a little of everything.

goactive's gear list:goactive's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow