z50 Lenses

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Henderson92 Junior Member • Posts: 46
Re: z50 Lenses

saltlifetardis_13 wrote:

Hi all!

Looking to get an astrophotography/portrait lens for my Z50- either used or new.

I'm looking at the following:

-Nikkor 14mm f/2.8 D
-Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G
-Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G

Out of those 3 lenses listed, which would be better worth the money? If you have other suggestions other than those, please advise. I'm open to zoom and prime lenses.

Thank you!!

Taken with kit lens, 16-50mm, edited a bit in lightroom.

14mm 2.8 one will not Autofocus with FTZ adapter so I wouldn't consider it.

If you are looking for a UWA lens for your Z50, AF-P 10-20mm DX lens would be a great option. It's quite affordable, light, quiet, and pretty sharp. However, Since you are interested in astrophotography, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (one with AF motor built-in) might be the better option.

20mm 1.8G lens is a great wide-angle lens but on Z50 (DX), it's more like 30mm? 24mm 1.8G might be the better option since it will give you a 36mm FX equivalence.

35mm 1.8G, If you meant the DX version one, Great value and one of the best(out of limited DX lens line) lens you could get considering its the price.

FX version 35mm, Unless you are planning to upgrade to full-frame soon, I don't see any reason to pick full-frame version one instead of the DX one.

Why not a 50mm 1.8G lens for portrait work? it's close to 85mm(75mm on DX) portrait lens standard.

Henderson92's gear list:Henderson92's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D300S Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D500 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow