What about hight ISO settings in Pentax?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Jhaakas
Jhaakas Senior Member • Posts: 1,174
Re: What about hight ISO settings in Pentax?

FingerPainter wrote:

Jhaakas wrote:

flektogon wrote:

The Squirrel Mafia wrote:

I have the auto ISO set from 100 to 12800 on my K-50 bodies when I'm too lazy to change settings as I shoot or when I'm in a hurry. I'd rather not shoot that high of an ISO, but since I shoot RAW, I just run all the images through a batch setting in RawTherapee & get decent results at 12800 whenever it's used. It's too much effort trying to keep a single ISO & then playing with brightness later, which means that you have to play with different noise reductions settings, which in turn ends up consuming too much time.

Yes, but you could set the upper ISO limit to 800, for example, if above this your camera doesn't amplify analog signal. Any additional digital processing can be made better on PC than by the camera F/W.

It really is not an option .. regardless of what brand you go with.
ISO is dictated by the available light (or movement of the subject)...
In theory I would like to shoot everything at ISO 100.. but then the exposure times can go long! You will still hit limits on fstop and dof

Of course it is an option. The idea is to set the desired image lightness in development - not in the camera. OP is shooting in RAW, so a development step is a given.

Ok .. it is an option in absolute sense.. but then comes at an expense

-- hide signature --

-- ## Thanks!

Jhaakas's gear list:Jhaakas's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 macro +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow