Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art on SD1 Merrill

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Tiger1 Contributing Member • Posts: 558
Re: Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art on SD1 Merrill

xpatUSA wrote:

X Ray wrote:

Tiger1 wrote:

I have both the 50mm Art and the 40mm Art for my Nikon D810. There's no comparison wide open. The 40mm is simply sensational.

Agreed.

The Sigma Art 50 is a great lens, one of the very best 50's available, but the Sigma Art 40 is just ridiculous. Like it says on Sigma's website, "Beyond Art Series Performance".

I thought this was the Sigma Camera forum ...

OMG! Just for one second take whatever is sticking up your posterior out! As someone with many Sigma SA lenses as well as an SD14, SD1M and SDQH, I think I can talk about Sigma lenses irrespective of the sensor that grabs the image off them!

When I bought the 40mm, there was no SA mount version available in Oz (there still isn't) and I got a fantastic price for the Nikon version. I also wanted a 40mm FF field of view with that lens rather than a narrower one. I have both the SA and Nikon mount version of the 50mm but it would be fairer to compare and comment on the two Nikon mount versions I have (40mm and 50mm) in a discussion that compares IQ.

I'm not sure why one needs to make comments like yours when the poster is just trying to help out a fellow poster with an opinion based on their experience.

Next time, why don't you let people discuss things without interjecting with useless condescending pseudo-intellectual comments?

Thanks.

Tiger1's gear list:Tiger1's gear list
Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Sigma SD14 Sigma SD1 Merrill +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow