Is it worth buying a Nikon coolpix A in 2021?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
WPMChan Senior Member • Posts: 1,150
Re: Is it worth buying a Nikon coolpix A in 2021?

Makako wrote:

Hello

First of all I apologize for my English. I don't know how to speak or write English well and I use the Google translator. Expression corrections are welcome for improvement. Thanks for your understanding.

I like the Nikon coolpix A because for a low price you can have a pocket camera with an APS-C sensor and a 28mm.

My doubt comes from its operation, I read that it is slow to focus, it does not have snap focus, the manual mode every time you take a photo returns to infinity and you have to refocus again. Did you improve any of these deficiencies with a firmware? Is it as slow of focus as they say?

I am concerned that I will be disappointed in the performance of the camera and end up at the bottom of a drawer or resold. I am very used to handling the Ricoh GX200 and I know that the Ricoh GR will be similar. At the same time a second-hand Ricoh GR (or Fuji X70) costs almost twice as much as the Coolpix A. So I looked at the Coolpix A. It is very underballored.

Greetings.

I have my CPA for over 8 years. I love it. It is still the best camera that I have. The lens of the CPA is excellent. I don't know how it compares with Ricoh and Fuji. I always get excellent results from the CPA.

The Auto focus of the CPA is typical of Contrast Detected Auto Focus. I never find it too slow for what I need. Many reports on slow AF had been user's oversight, leaving the AF selector in Macro Mode.

No. In Manual Mode, it doesn't go back to infinity after each shot.

It will return to infinity when I turn the camera back on, after I have it turned off.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow