Super Resolution seems to deliver on it's promise - I am surprised by the result

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
fieldray Regular Member • Posts: 136
Re: Super Resolution seems to deliver on it's promise - I am surprised by the result

joger wrote:

If did a quick check on one of my preferred 16x PixelShift shots in Antwerpen.

Just processed ( left side ) a single shot with Pixel Shift in PS 2021 with super resolution and opened the same shot (16x Pixel shift right side ) as DNG in 16x Pixel Shift - the super resolution shot came out a bit darker but that does not explain the difference in detail. It looks like this is going to be a feature that many of us will really like to use in the future.

My take away is that I'll stop shooting in 16x Pixel shift and purely concentrate on 4x Pixel Shift since this allows for more dynamic range and better color reproduction and the super resolution will do the rest - operantly in a better way

From a practical point of view, I will likely use 4x and super resolution for the reasons you state.  From a purely technical perspective, the 16x shot shows less aliasing on the dark supports bounding the triangles (I am guessing windows) due to the oversampling from moving the sensor 1/2 pixel between frames.

What do you guys think?

fieldray's gear list:fieldray's gear list
Nikon D5 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Sony a7R IV +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow