Olympus 300mm f4 lens loose fit on Panasonic g9.

Started Nov 13, 2020 | Discussions thread
acps Regular Member • Posts: 186
Re: Olympus 300mm f4 lens loose fit on Panasonic g9.

Watbirdertom wrote:

Greetings all from a wet and windy Ireland.

Joined the forum some months ago and this is my first post. Lurked for a while before that while I decided what system to buy. After many hours reading here, I bought a new Panasonic G9 and Panasonic leica 100-400mm lens. I needed something I could stick in a shoulder bag while birding and this set-up worked perfectly. Was also happy with the image quality.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I bought myself an Olympus 300mm f4 pro lens. Again after reading reviews from users here. Lens and 1.4 converter are terrific. However there is noticeable rotational play between the new lens and G9 body. There was none with the Panaleica 100-400mm. The lens and converter fit perfectly together. But when the lens, with or without the converter is fitted I notice this play.

Wondering if other users of this system have noticed something similar. Should I be worried or should I just ignore it and just enjoy using it?

My 200 2.8 is the same on all 3 of my G9 bodies - my guess is the bodies have an amount of tolerance built in. It's still nice and secure on the mount so has never bothered me

acps's gear list:acps's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50S Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 II +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow