EOS Utility 2 & 3

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
RLight Senior Member • Posts: 3,449
You're not alone

ericka287 wrote:

I have M6ii. Installed utility 2&3. When I try to use it "camera not compatible" message displayed. I followed all instructions per operator manual. It doesn't work on my desk top computer. On my Microsoft Go all is fine; EOS Utility loads when I connect usb cable also no problem with WiFi connection. On desk top computer I uninstalled & reinstalled Utility but it did not cure the problem. Can someone please help?

I noticed the same problem, on my Mac (not PC). Was trying to load some Picture Styles on my G1X Mark III the other day and was baffled why it no longer works. You have to use the "new" picture style tool, apparently.

If you're trying to do Canon's tethering for Zoom, EOS Utility is not required, just the EOS Webcam Utility.

Anything else? I honestly can't answer why it no longer works. It did, and now does not. Clearly somebody locked something down, if you're asking me. Likely on the OS side of things for the Mac, and possibly Microsoft side, too for PC.

If you just bought it? Try calling Canon. They probably know as this isn't their first rodeo I'm sure based off what you're telling me and what I saw myself mirroring it recently, it's probably a widespread issue and likely a known fix for it, or at least known problem without a fix. Either way they should know for something like this. Wouldn't surprise me if it's McAfee/Windows Defender/Antivirus product of the day, some patch Microsoft came out with that requires you to hold your left hand while singing for it to work now...

RLight's gear list:RLight's gear list
Canon G1 X III Canon EOS R Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow