Evaluating a Tilt Lens for Real Estate -- recommendations ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
xtam667 Regular Member • Posts: 131
Re: Evaluating a Tilt Lens for Real Estate -- recommendations ?

Eddie Rizk wrote:

NCV wrote:

Ellis Vener wrote:

NCV wrote:

I would not bother with the Rogeti frame. The in camera level is enough most times. A geared tripod head is a must for this type of photography. You can tweak any small keystoning or rotation in post.

I respectfully disagree with your disregard of the Rogeti TSE 3+ frame.
My dissent is based on my 2+ decades of using 4x5 monorail view cameras with full sets of independent movements (rise/fall, lateral shift, tilts and swings) for both the lens and the film carriers. Being able to choose between shifting the position of either the lens or the sensor makes a great deal of difference and makes the life of an architectural and still life photographer much, much much easier.

I think you did not get what I wrote. The shift lens is a must. It is the frame that I can live without.

I too come from using a 5x4 camera with movements and I am well aware of the possibilities these movements open up.

My understanding is that the frame is important, only if you are stitching to eliminate parallax errors. Does it have other uses?

That's correct. It is for eliminating parallax errors and has not other uses.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow