No Z7II testing from me

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
fieldray Regular Member • Posts: 135
Re: No Z7II testing from me

JimKasson wrote:

fieldray wrote:

Geomaticsman wrote:

JimKasson wrote:

I'm not going to be getting and testing the Z7II. I don't see anything except for the AF improvements that would help me make better pictures, and I think there probably won't be anything interesting to find by analysing the sensor performance, since the sensor appears to be unchanged. My a9II testing was really boring because it performed so much like the a9, and I don't want to repeat that experience.

Sorry.

Jim

No worries Jim -- makes complete sense. Personally the only reason I'd consider upgrading my Z7 is if AF performance is amazing...nothing else has changed that would affect output IQ.

I also agree Jim. We seem to have entered a phase of little or no sensor improvements. Even if this is so, seems like the readout architecture could be improved so readout times are reduced, like Sony A9 to deal with illumination artifacts and motion distortion. If this could happen while maintaining the sensitivity, resolution, and dynamic range of the Z7 sensor I would be really happy.

I think, at the present state of the art, resolution or frame rate would have to drop from 45 MP and 6 msec scan time. Sony didn't increase the a9II resolution over that of the a9, and that's already a stacked sensor.

Sony A1

And I am a little disappointed that the autofocus improvements sound incremental - I have been really looking forward to the shutter button operated dynamic focus capture that Sony A7 and A9 cameras have, and that Nikon’s D850, D5, D6 have. They way Nikon has positioned this hardware upgrade leaves me still hoping that software upgrades down the line will provide the functionality that I have become accustomed to on other cameras for some time!

fieldray's gear list:fieldray's gear list
Nikon D5 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Sony a7R IV +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow