Help me out, if you will, about image quality

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Humansvillian
Humansvillian Senior Member • Posts: 2,536
Help me out, if you will, about image quality

I was reading about the new  Olympus 150-400 pro lens and the M1X and I just got so downhearted I almost busted out a bawling.

Our youngest young’un is nigh about to turn 27 and I still haven’t built all the fences I need down to the farm I want so he won’t have to in his old age, so I guess I’ll just have to hold off spending ten thousand dollars or so for an M1X and 150-400 Pro.

But right here in front of me is my P5 with a 14-150, and if I hoisted up what I already own and went out and snapped some pictures with the lens screwed down to 150 I’m a wondering if in daylight taking pictures of my little boy fixing his pickup truck, if I’d be able to tell any difference in the pictures a looking at them on our Full HD flat screen television sets, which we have plenty of and they are all paid for, and an M1X and that new 150-400 lens backed off to 150?

And for that matter, what about my new to me $60 PL1 and it’s $100 plastic 40-150 lens?

I wonder how that one would measure up?

We’d set all the cameras to f5.6 and ISO 200 and shoot in good light at 150mm.

I’d rather have the goodest one, but how would the gooderns I got compare?

-- hide signature --

Humansville is a town in the Missouri Ozarks

Humansvillian's gear list:Humansvillian's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow