D780 Shutter Sounds Comparo (600, 700, 750, 780, z50)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
skyrunr
skyrunr Senior Member • Posts: 1,542
Re: D780 Shutter Sounds Comparo (600, 700, 750, 780, z50)

Thank you for putting this together and sharing it!  What was more disappointing to me was the cheap tiny plastic mode dial on the D780!  SMDH  My Z50 has a nicer mode dial!

I have to add that the Z II's have the BEST shutter sound and speed I've experienced so far. I'd compare it to the difference between a D7xxx to a D500. It is quiet, short in duration, and if needed completely silent. I tried the Z5/Z7/Z6II. The shutter sound for the d500 was so much nicer than the D750 too.

It is unfortunate that this video is lacking those two IMO. It is unfortunate (and expensive) how much weight I put into the feel and sound of my digital camera hobby. I also can't stand lenses with larger filter openings than the rest of the lens for storage and fragility reasons. I do like that you can sometimes access the zoom ring with the lens hood reversed, but that isn't needed very often.

-- hide signature --

SkyRunR
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
'Out of the darkness there must come out the light.' Bob Marley

skyrunr's gear list:skyrunr's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon Z50 Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow