A6600 update is on its way :)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jb12 Regular Member • Posts: 233
Re: A6600 update is on its way :)

And-roid wrote:

jb12 wrote:

And-roid wrote:

jb12 wrote:

I bought A7Riv last week. I really tried to avoid going the FF route, but I have 1 major requirement that no current sony apsc camera meet and that is 1/8000 shutter speed. For the last few years I used a6500 and I will definitely still use it (its a great small camera). My preferences were for sony to stop increasing the size and weight of the apsc cameras and add 1/8000 shutter, bsi sensor and uncompressed raw. none of this was added to a6600 (but the size/weight keep increasing) and it become apparent (to me) that sony just dont care much about apsc. I now have all this and a lot more in a7Riv. btw I am also in UK and bought it new from panamoz with 3 years warranty for £2170. The sigma trio works great with Riv and I will certainly use my apsc glass with it. I would say that the bulk and weight difference compared to a6500 is noticeable, I just have to admit defeat here and will have to adapt and live with it. btw last year I tried Riii, but that was a huge disappointment. Riv is a much better camera.
Good luck and I hope you enjoy your Riv

You too, thanks, that's an amazing price btw, how does warranty work?

Seems we are thinking along the same lines!

Not sure about the warranty, I hope I never need it. They say that if the camera develop any fault, it will be serviced by Sony UK i.e. no need to post it to HK.

How long did it take to arrive?

5 days

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow