Need advice on camera with lenses for aquarium/terrarium filming

Started Feb 22, 2021 | Discussions thread
PhotoTeach2 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,468
Re: Need advice on camera with lenses for aquarium/terrarium filming

Mieszko wrote:

Thanks for the input guys. I have pretty much decided upon getting the fuji xs10 as its a fair price point with features I think I will enjoy.

What specific (UNIQUE) "features" does the Fuji have, (that you can/will enjoy) ???

The lenses I am considering are the big and beautiful fujifilm xf80mm f/2.8 macro and the versatile fuji 16mm 1.4.

That is going to be over $3000, ($4-5000+ if you also add a tele lens).

The 16mm f/1.4 is a nice lens but I am not sure you will be able to take advantage of the f/1.4 because the DOF will be too narrow/shallow for what you indicate you want to do.

I strongly suggest you get a camera with "focus-stacking" for a wider DOF w/ macro. (I am not sure how many cameras have that but the FZ1000-II does -- and you can use a RAYNOX DCR-150 or 250 for macro). In addition to the macro, you will also have a 25 to 400mm-EFL @ f/2.8-4 for other/travel use. (Saving another $1000's+.)

What do you guys think is better for work around smaller amphibians around ponds, aquariums etc?

I am most concerned about narrow/shallow DOF.

I am getting closer guys, bear with me!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow