Man I really Suck At Photography And Videography

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rpszone Regular Member • Posts: 224
Man I really Suck At Photography And Videography

Is it me, the camera, the gear, I have been doing this like "forever" and ever since going to a DSLR, consistent success eludes me.

So I lug around a really good monopod (manfrotto/ifootage), a really good tripod head (manfrotto fluid), a really good tripod (manfrotto), an 80D (now fixed) with the newer 70-300mm and still get 25%, no make that 10% keepers, lets be honest 5%.

Like today I went out, perfect afternoon sun, lazy widgeons floating around, get home and I got nothing. Birds in my back yard, about 60% keepers.

I think it all started when I went to autofocus, never have got that to really work. Just about all the rejects were focusing problems, either not tracking, interrupted by something else in the photo or just not working.

I would use manual focus but this lens has "focus by wire" thingamajig.

That's why I want a camera that is smarter than me, either I am get dumber (no doubt, age) or the camera's are just to difficult to operate.

Oh woe is me, sigh, the fun is gone.

Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow