100mm square "protective" filter for Nisi (or others)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fishguy Regular Member • Posts: 396
100mm square "protective" filter for Nisi (or others)

Hi,

After starting to use a Nice V6 filter system, I discovered that I want to keep the holder on the lens while moving about to frame images. I recently scrambled around rocky areas looking for photo opportunities and found that removing and replacing the holder was a bit slow and cumbersome with gloves on. What I wanted was a "protective filter" - basically a cheap hard plastic 100mm plate to slide in the a slot on the filter holder to protect either the circular polarizer or lens. I looked and I don't think Nisi offer this (they have a round cap to protect the circular polarizer but you have to remove the filter holder. Yes I know there other work arounds but in the situation I was in, using a protective square filter would have been ideal. Does anyone use something like this in your 100mm filter system?

Doesn't even have to be from a filter company - but If I look for a generic sheet of plastic I'm not sure what thickness to look for.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Or, what is the very cheapest plastic filter (100mm) available?

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow