Nikon Restructuring Announcements

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Don Simpson Forum Member • Posts: 59
Nikon Restructuring Announcements

Nikon just announced its reorganizing its Corporate structure; implementing major changes to directors, officers and assignments; and changes to its Board of Directors. You can read these links for reference:

New Corporate Structure

New Directors, Officers and Assignments

New Appointment to Board of Directors

Such changes in a Japanese Corporation is very uncommon in their culture. It can indicate that the threads and posts about Nikon's difficulties are not without foundation. The fact that Nikon is taking such steps can be looked at with either concern or optimism.

Optimistically, Nikon is not accepting the status quo and capitulating to Canon, Sony, etc. Everyone in the company is now on notice to "get with the program", (or else?)..

Pessimistically, such steps have an immediate impact on moral, productivity, priorities, etc. Retention of key personnel can become an issue. You can be sure everyone in Nikon has examined the changes for the impact on "me".

Over the years, I've experienced a number of "major" corporate restructurings as both the recipient of them, and later the instigator of same. It will take good leadership from the new management structure to successful implement any restructuring.

From the point of view of a Nikon user, I'm not so concerned with the current products and roadmap. But, medium to long term will be interesting to watch. A long time ago I was a Minolta user.  I guess they're part of Sony now so who knows.

Don Simpson's gear list:Don Simpson's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow