Source of Image Defect

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dr Data New Member • Posts: 6
Source of Image Defect

Hi,

I have Lumix GX8 which I am very much enjoying. The lens here is a Panasonic 45mm-200mm II. The is a polarizer on with these images but I have seen the issue without. Took two pictures with different F stops to practice my skills and look for differences. Upon reviewing on the computer I notice a defect in the image near the center right (not quite circular) on the image taken at F14 and 15 sec later the image at F5 does not show the defect. So it can't be on sensor and not likely something on the lens. Since the F14 was at 1/640 and the F5 at 1/5000 is it mechanical shutter versus electronic? I am not sure where the cross over is.  Any insight?

Thanks

Andy

Defect in Right Center of Screen F14 at 1/640

No Defect F5 1/5000

Dr Data's gear list:Dr Data's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Panasonic 45-200mm F4-5.6 II
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow