Picture light question

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gary stepic
gary stepic Veteran Member • Posts: 4,988
Picture light question

I am not sure what forum to ask this question on, since I use the a7r4 I will start here. I have a 54"x20" tri panel canvas print in my living room, right above my couch. I am trying to think about the best way to light it. For a smaller 30"x20" canvas I have a battery powered picture light. Easy to install but not efficient in the long run. For the large print about my couch I want wired lighting with a dimmable switch.

Due to constructions issues it is really difficult and expensive to run wiring to the ceiling. The layout of the ceiling beams makes it impractical as well. I was thinking of getting simple track lights that can be mounted on the wall. I have seen some lights where the track does not go right against the wall, the wiring housing is in circular mounting and the track protrudes from that housing, probably about 5" from the wall.

Curious if anyone has something similar or if you have any other suggestions for where to get lights for a print.

Gary

gary stepic's gear list:gary stepic's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS Tamron 17-70 F2.8 Di III-A VC RXD
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow